I know I didn’t post anything last week, but there wasn’t a
whole lot to post about.
It took me five minutes after writing that last sentence to
figure out what to say next. OK, so I'll try stream-of-consciousness writing. The
coffee here is really good. I complain
about spending $60 on a stupid auto-drip coffeemaker but here they sell $2000 - $3000 machines, for home use. Nespresso and
Tassio are about the lower to mid range brands. Look up Jura. Coffee is good. Café ist gut. Die brot sind leckar. (the bread is
delicious)
Another Marine who just left here had recommended Memrise
which is a language app. It’s really good
because it takes maybe 5 – 10 minutes per day and goes through repetition in
different ways. Since I usually walk to
work for 20 minutes I can go through a lesson a day. Then the next lesson is a review, then a few
more words & phrases, then a review, etc.
But the weather is still cool, this morning was around
55. It’s partly cloudy but the high is
only supposed to get to the high 60s.
It’s the Fourth of July weekend and I need long pants and a light
jacket. Germany beat Italy last night in
the EuroCup. Friday night was a big win
for Wales in a 3-1 victory over Belgium.
The news said Wales hasn’t made it this far in…uh…ever. That’s what the news said, direct quote. Really.
We get several news feeds at work, CNN, Fox, MSNBC, AFN (armed forces
network – which carries a mix of US news) BBC, RT (Russian – aka Rooskys), Al
Jazeera, and maybe something else. You
would think Al Jazeera would be the most slanted news source but I think they
do a pretty good job of presenting information.
So here are my top 5 channels that have an obvious slant to their
news: Fox takes gold, silver, and bronze
– 1,2,3. RT gets 4th place,
and MSNBC takes 5th. CNN
doesn’t place in my list because the majority of what they do doesn’t qualify
as news. My list, my rules!
So Germany won last night.
The games start at 9:00 and are usually over by 11. Europeans use the 24 hour clock so that would
be a start time of 21:00 and ending around 23:00. I was woken up a little after midnight by all
the shouting, screaming, and carousing of my neighbors. Like a scene out of a movie I heard a group
of drunk German guys stumble down the street absolutely murdering some
patriotic-drinking song.
I went to the Porsche museum last Sunday. Porsche and Mercedes are both based in the
Stuttgart area, the Mercedes factory is here in Boblingen, a few blocks behind
the train station. Here’s a picture of
the valet parking for the Porsche museum.
Crazy Germans….
Ferdinand Porsche designed and built utilitarian vehicles also. This first of its kind firetruck was built in 1912 and was STILL IN USE up until the 1970s.
This is not a firetruck
No comments:
Post a Comment