Wednesday, August 24, 2016

August 24

Late Post...I meant to do this Sunday night but forgot.


For the past two weeks I was filling in as the liaison from Marine Forces Europe/Africa to US Africa Command because the other guy was on leave.  Sometimes it was interesting, my desk was in the Joint Operations Center which is just like on TV with huge screens showing maps, status reports, and video feeds from the continent.   


US Africa Command (AFRICOM) is also in the Stuttgart area.  If you remember my earlier post, there are three main US bases; Panzer (where I'm usually at), Kelley (AFRICOM), and Patch (EUCOM).  Stuttgart is in the state of Baden-Wurttemberg which is in the southwest corner of Germany.  The Black Forest is also in this area, and it's about a half-hour south of Stuttgart.  The Black Forest is famous for cuckoo clocks, Black Forest cake, and the story of Hansel & Gretel.


So, right outside Kelley is a small patch of woods with lots of trails - perfect for running.  One day as I was running I noticed some trail signs and some of them were......unusual.


Here's a typical trail sign you'd expect pretty much anywhere.


Here's another one.  Just like most anywhere else there are different trails, blue trail, red trail, etc.


There are even trails for horses.


And then there's this!  A trail for witches??  But they have brooms and can fly, so they don't need a trail.  Maybe it's a warning to lookout for witches.  That's probably it.

In case you get lost, there are plenty of signs to help you track the witches.





There's also a waiting area for witches and victims...


And finally, I think this is the holding cage for witches to keep their captured children.  It looks like there's the remains of an unfortunate one still in there....





1 comment: