Sunday, April 3, 2016

3rd Week - My Apartment

Because of the type of orders that brought me here, I had to find an apartment.  It's a long story that goes into details of military personnel funding but the end result was I needed to get out of the hotel and into a monthly rental.
After a bit of asking around I found a great apartment, owned by the hotel I was staying at, is only 2 blocks from the hotel, and I still get free breakfast at the hotel.  A Captain who was at the end of her tour here moved out on Thursday and I moved in on Saturday.  It was funny because in the past 3 weeks that I've been walking to and from base, every once in awhile there was a shorter woman I noticed going the same way.  Not unusual at all  - like a bunch of people all headed to the train station.  But it turns out this short woman in a pink winter coat and white wool hat was the Capt from work, we're in the same building.  
So my walk to work is the same 25 minute commute, and I'm still only 10 minutes from downtown Boblingen's restaurants and shops.  And the brew-house, more about that in a bit.
Here's my building:

 My apartment is the lower left.

The door next to the TV goes out onto a small patio.  I'll have to get a photo of the kitchen.

This week I'm headed down to Spain to meet the folks I'll be supporting.  Yeah, it's Spain but it's southeastern Spain which has been described to me as high-desert, as in 29 Palms, California but without the excitement.  Still, it's warmer there so that'll make me happy.  

And the brew-house - http://www.brauhaus-schoenbuch.de/boeblingen.html
I went there last week with a buddy, a fellow Reservist I haven't seen in maybe 10 years.  I'm sure I'll be going again so I'll get some pics.




2 comments:

  1. Chick, the brauhaus looks fab. Not so sure about the food but the beer looks delish. They have a beer club; you should join and make me proud. Please don't be a pussy and be sure to sample everything. The Weissbier looks very quenching. How about the hefeweizen? I had a dark spaten last week that was tasty. Miss you Chick. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt,
    His name is my name too.
    Whenever we go out,
    The people always shout,
    There goes John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt!"
    La la la la la la la la

    ReplyDelete