Sunday, April 17, 2016

5th Week

Nothing special this past week, usual cloudy skies & at least some rain every day.  Even my lazy Sunday morning had a cloud on it.  There's a Nespresso machine in my apartment and when I went food shopping the other day I spent about 5 minutes going over the different types/brands of pod-type coffee.  I picked a box of cappuccino that had white pods for the cream and black pods for the coffee - what a great idea!  But this morning I found out I bought the wrong brand, they're bigger pods that fit some kind of Nestle machine.  Despite the obviousness of it all I still tried to fit the too-big pod into the too-small hole as if it was a magical Hogwarts Nespresso coffee maker.

My TV has Telekom cable-provider with lots of German channels (naturally) but a lot of them are American shows dubbed in German.  Star Trek, Law & Order, American Dad, Spongebob, Discovery Channel type programs, and of course Knight Rider (because of David Hasselhof).  The three English language channels I found are CNN International, BBC, and EuroNews.  So sometimes I'll just watch an interesting show even though I don't know what they're saying.  And sometimes it's not a problem; yesterday morning I found Bugs Bunny cartoons - just as funny in German!


Last week I found out I'm to go down to Rota, Spain this coming week with the CG and a few other staffers.  They're going there to meet with some other folks, my time will be spent looking over the base and seeing what potential there is for us to increase our presence.  Yes, I'll take pictures.

Speaking of, here are a few photos taken just walking around Boblingen.


Photo below: the pink building on the left is a fantastic Greek restaurant.  I went there about 2 weeks ago with a Marine buddy of mine I haven't seen in 11 years since we were in Iraq together.

Photo below: This alley/street is packed with bars & restaurants - das es gut.

Last item - today I read the sad news about the Captain & Tennille who's love did NOT keep them together.  Just sad.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QNEf9oGw8o
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/books/2016/04/15/toni-tennille-captain-never-felt-loved/83099262/

1 comment:

  1. Bugs... Universal.... The lost hitler episode https://youtu.be/rHzcFa2mSjU

    ReplyDelete