I went back to Spain last week. Flights from Stuttgart to Seville (which is the closest airport to where the base is) go either early or late. The last time I went I took the late flight and of course I finally made it to base around 10 or 11 pm. So this time I took the early flight which got me to Seville around 1? maybe 2? So I took the bus into downtown Seville to look around for a bit before heading to base. I had just under 2 hours so I wandered around the old section of the city and saw some beautiful sights.
There are a few 'normal' sized streets but most are narrow alleyways where cars are still allowed so it makes for some interesting vehicle/pedestrian interaction. Just by sort of following the crowds I found the Seville Cathedral - Catedral de Seville de Santa Maria. Originally built as a mosque by the Moslem Moors it became a Catholic cathedral when they were pushed out. I only walked around the outside but next time I'll go in and find the tomb of Christopher Columbus.
The week on base was great except for some minor stomach bug I picked up. Muchas Gracias.
Then Friday night I drove back to Seville and walked around a bit more. I made it to the Plaza de Espana which was built for the Spanish-American Exposition in the 1920s.
Incredible sights & I can't wait to go back. In the meanwhile, I'll leave you with this....
Late addition....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOtQpCAigq0
Did you get your hair cut?
ReplyDelete